4 Free Video Players

Media Player Compared

Now a days, video is becoming part of our life, it’s like we can’t live without video. Because of these need, more and more players has been created to accommodate video files.
In this article there are gonna be 4 Media Player I will compare, so that you will have clue, which one you should install.
They are: Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, VLC, and Kantaris Media Player. All of this are free to use.

*I’m using Transformers 720p movie as an example.

Windows Media Player 11
CPU & Memory usage:
WMP CPU&Mem Usage
Sample Image:
WMP Sample Image

Media Player Classic
CPU & Memory usage:
MPC CPU&Mem usage
Sample Image:
MPC Sample Image

VLC
CPU & Memory usage:
VLC CPU&Mem Usage
Sample Image:
VLC Sample Image

Kantaris Media Player
CPU & Memory usage:
Kantaris CPU&Mem Usage
Sample Image:
I’m sorry I couldn’t provide sample as this player didn’t compatible with all my capturing softwares.

My personal favorite still goes to VLC and 2nd is Media Player Classic. VLC support many video format, including those movie trailer that usually .mov, other players can’t play it. VLC can play it without installing any other codec.
Windows Media Player in the other hands, offer so many enhancement in video or audio, but lack of format support, like 3gp from my phone, or mp4.
Kantaris is a new to me, my first experienced with this player, the pictures too bright, compare to other 3, I don’t even set the brightness yet.

I suggest you get your Media Player Classic program from free codec like K-Lite Codec, instead of downloading stand alone player, as it will not support many movie format. I’m experiencing difficulties even playing .avi format.

4 Free Video Players

No comments: